Gemma’s Visit to Buccament Bay, St Vincent
When you think of St Vincent what springs to mind? If it is that it is another small non-descript Caribbean island then this could not be further from the truth. St. Vincent is a small island with a big heart full of culture, beautiful scenery, eco-adventures, amazing sailing and opportunities to cruise to remote Grenadian Islands for a taste of secluded Paradise.
The newest addition to St. Vincent, Buccament Bay Resort, embraces all of these attributes and by adding its own stamp has combined to create a Unique Luxury 5* Resort. Buccament Bay has a 180 degree view of the surrounding lush green mountains and rainforest, while the other 180 degree view is of a pure white sandy beach and the blue millpond that is the Caribbean sea, with views of Bequila and Mustique it is the perfect setting for a perfect property.
On arrival we walked across the bridge into resort and were met by the Management Team. We were presented with a choice of 3 drinks, cold towels and even a Steele band – a welcome fit for a King and Queen. This treatment continues throughout your stay at Buccament Bay. The staff are the friendliest most sincere people I have had the pleasure to meet. Their enthusiasm for their own Island, culture and job is infectious and within a matter of days we were all on first name terms. Read what their Wedding Coordinator, Gennine, had to say about her job and what it means to her – it will bring a tear to your eye!
A word from your Wedding Coordinator, Gennine…
‘Now I make everyone else’s dreams come true. Believe it or not, my very first wedding was somewhat of a breakthrough for me because the couple wanted a simple wedding. They really didn’t want to spend that much, but I made it the wedding of their dreams and they didn’t know that everything I used to make it happen was my own personal things for my own wedding. It was a pleasure seeing the joy in their faces and to see the bride well up with emotion, that made it more concrete that I was meant to do this. Ever since, I have been putting the same passion and love into everyone’s wedding because I live my dream through them and with each and every couple, I learn so much. I learn about love, I learn about forgiveness and trust because they all have their own stories that lead up to where they are today. Buccament Bay is amazing and has a lot of amazing people working as one team. I really wouldn’t have it any other way’ – Gennine, Buccament Bay Wedding Coordinator
- In keeping with the friendly relaxed atmosphere that is indicative of Buccament Bay you are checked into resort in your Villa by your own Lifestyle Assistant. Your Lifestyle Assistant is the equivalent to your own Personal Concierge; they will arrange everyday activities, beach excursions, dinner reservations, spa bookings or even plan special evenings.
- The Villas are built to the highest specification and offer state of the art facilities. The décor is modern yet comfortable with a wooden high vaulted ceiling in the main sitting area. The bathroom is your own personal spa with a sunken bath, rain shower, sumptuous robes and toiletries.
- If the idea of walking to the HQ café is too much of a chore for you in the morning then fear not as you have a state of the art espresso machine in your room to start the day as you mean to go on.
- You can relax in the early morning or late afternoon sun on the deck by your own Plunge Pool. The 2 bedroom Villas have larger Plunge Pools and are ideal for younger children while parents can relax nearby on their own sun loungers.
- Although each of the villas have their own individual plunge pools there are another 3 pools to choose from at Buccament Bay. We spent the majority of our time choosing which of the 2 infinity pools to swim in. This is the main area where families and couples spend their day, however if you are a looking for some R&R there are quiet areas of the beach and a smaller pool at the opposite end of the resort. This resort really has thought of everything for everyone.
In terms of dining Buccament Bay has it all and as with everything at this resort it is of such a high standard.
- An amazing café which you have never seen the likes of in any other All Inclusive Resort. Choose from freshly brewed coffee, healthy smoothies, ice-cream that would give the Italians a run for their money or grab a pannini or salad for a light lunch.
Bay Beach Club
- This is where you will enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner with a stunning view over the resort and ocean. You can enjoy a buffet style breakfast or treat yourself from the á la carte menu.
- Lunch is a relaxed affair and each day they include a ‘taste of St. Vincent’ so why not indulge in a different culture and treat yourself to St. Vincent’s National Dish roasted breadfruit and Jack fish. In the evenings I dined on some of the tastiest meals I have even eaten while out in the Caribbean.
- Another great touch is that they are serving the menus from Traders Vic’s and Jack’s so it is like having 3 amazing restaurants in one stunning location.
Barefoot dining on the beach
- Like a mini Maldives – enjoy freshly cooked food from the grillon the beach with sand between your toes, listening to the waves lapping the shore and live background music.
Ginger & Co
- If you are looking for a healthy option for lunch then try Ginger & Co for some freshly prepared sushi, you can even take it away to eat whilst lazing on the beach, around the pool or in your villa.
The Academies are something that really sets Buccament Bay apart from other family All Inclusive properties.
Liverpool Football Academy
- A football fan/players paradise. Fancy some one-on-one training from Andy Townsend and Steve Staunton or a match against them to see if you have what it takes to beat the professionals? Then this is the place for you… there are 2 permanent in-house trainers who arrange one-on-one training, group coaching for children and adults, tournaments, staff vs. guests football matches, question and answer sessions with the professional footballer(s) and so much more you may lose your children and partner for the duration of your stay – I did!
Harlequin Performing Arts Academy
- Another unique feature of Buccament Bay – where else in the Caribbean can you take part in Musical Theatre and be coached in singing, dancing and acting by West End and Broadway performers from hits such as Phantom of the Opera, Glee, Hairspray and Wicked? It is no surprise that we found the entertainment to be fantastic and to a very high standard. You can also be a star for the night and put your training into practice and be a part of the evening entertainment.
Little Harlequin Kids Club
- Little Harlequins is a guarantee that children will never forget their memories of Buccament Bay. The club is full of games, table football, air hockey, puzzles, Nintendo Wiis and a great outdoor play area but it does not end here – your children can enjoy Movie Nights, Bonfire and Story Telling, Kite Flying, Seashell Treasure Hunts and trips to the Bequia Turtle Sanctuary or good old Sandcastle Building. The list is endless!
- A fantastic hangout for teenagers who have grown out of childrens clubs but still need something to entertain them. Set in their very own 2 bedroom Villa it is a perfect place for teenagers to hangout and meet friends. It has an array of board game and puzzles, alongside a pool table, PlayStation , karaoke, movie nights and areas just to chill out, watch TV and talk with friends. No adults allowed!
- While at Buccament Bay why not try a Costal Cruise to Tobago Cay and Mayreau, hike to La Soufriere the 4,089ft Volcano on the Island, enjoy a Boat Trip to Mustique and Bequia Island with lunch at Basil’s Bar or cruise to Bequia Turtle Sanctuary and Firefly Plantation.
- If all this seems too energetic the resort are currently offering a FREE Sunset Cruise where hopefully you will see – as we did – Dolphins and Pilot Whales while enjoying a rum punch or two with the St. Vincent Sunset as your backdrop.
- You can also take in a cricket match, replay scenes from Pirates of the Caribbean (a must for children and big kids at heart), visit tropical gardens, go bird watching – you might be lucky enough to see the National Bird of St. Vincent and the Grenadines the Amazona Guildingii.
- Our Concierge Team can arrange Excursions on your behalf, call our Concierge team now on 08444 999 349.
In short I found that Buccament Bay surpassed all of my expectations. It was unlike any resort I have travelled to before; it has something for everyone while maintaining high luxury 5* standards. I would recommend Buccament Bay to everyone as you will not be disappointed and like me you might find that it becomes your new favourite destination.