About the hotel
Perceived originally as a private residence for the use of the owner's family and friends, this intimate resort has grown to become one of Antigua's most stunningly beautiful holiday destinations. Nestled between two of the islands most breath-taking beaches, Curtain Bluff encompasses elegance, relaxation and first-rate service to ensure that you are left feeling rejuvenated and satisfied. 72 rooms and suites, all with enchanting seascape views, are spread along Surf Beach and up the bluff. Retreat to your own little world in the resorts tranquil spa which overlooks the sea and beach-side pool. Water sports and other activities are on hand for those feeling a little more energetic. This boutique haven combines plush beaches with first class eateries with its renowned all-inclusive restaurants and beach-side bars leaving your taste buds yearning for more. Experience Antigua in all its glory at the picturesque Curtain Bluff.
The hotel is closed 18 Aug - 27 Oct 2018 for a multi-million pound enhancement programme.
- Situated between two of Antigua's most stunning beaches - one for surf and one for swim
- Voted in the Top 25 Caribbean Hotels in TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2017
- Fun land and water sports included in the room rate and available on-site
At a glance
72 spacious suites and guest rooms run along the luxurious white-sand Surf Beach and rise up the rocky promontory that gives the resort its name.
All rooms include:
- Ceiling fan
- Kingsize bed
- Balcony or Terrace with ocean views
Newly refurbished rooms set in two-storey villas on Surf beach and just a short distance from the restaurants and bar.
Overlooking Surf beach these rooms are set on the bluff and offer stunning views of the sand and sea.
Set in three-storey villas on Surf beach, just a short distance from the water with a sunken living room and marble bathroom.
Terrace Suite and Pool
Privacy is the name in this spacious room with terrace and infinity edge pool located at the top of the bluff.
One Bedroom Bluff Suite
These split-level suites overlook Surf beach and offer a spacious living room, terrace with hammock, breakfast nook and a spacious dining terrace and panoramic.
These newly refurbished suites are situated in the hillside offering gorgeous views of Surf beach from your very own terrace. Also including a spacious living room, marble bathroom and a second, more expansive terrace with infinity pool with views over Grace Bay.
One Bedroom Morris and Grace Bay Suite
Set directly on the beautiful Surf beach, these third-floor suites offer a living room, marble bathroom and sweeping terrace with double Jacuzzi.
Two Bedroom Bluff Suite
These split-level suites are comprised of a Bluff Room and a One Bedroom Bluff Suite and offer a spacious living room, terrace with hammock, a breakfast nook and a expansive dining terrace with panoramic ocean views.
Two Bedroom Morris and Grace Bay Suite
Set directly on the sands of Surf beach, these luxurious third floor suites combine with a Junior Suite to create a spacious two-bedroom suite featuring two living rooms, two marble bathrooms and a sweeping terrace with double Jacuzzi.
There are plenty of opportunities to indulge in the award-winning cuisine on offer at Antigua's Curtain Bluff.
The Sea Grape
Situated at the far end of Bay beach, you can enjoy lunch at the resort's famed buffet, including a weekly beach-barbecue. In the evening you can dine in style with tiki torches flickering on the sand as you sample the delicious Italian/Antiguan cuisine just a stone's throw away from the dreamy waves on Bay Beach.
The Tamarind Tree
Open-walled in the traditional plantation style, the resort's main restaurant looks out over a terrace canopied by an elegant tamarind tree. You can indulge at breakfast with a variety of choice between traditional island and European cuisine. As the night draws in you can enjoy a candlelit dinner choosing from the restaurant's five course menu. Each evening there is a different band performing and as diners filter out, the tempo hastens allowing couples to enjoy a spot of moonlit dancing.
Beach Cafe and Bar
This stunning eatery serves delicious lunch buffets and also hosts a Monday-night barbecue on the sand.
Enjoy afternoon tea on the stone terrace overlooking lush gardens.
Sample a range of excellent house wines in this unique setting or alternatively participate in tasting tours of their 450 specially selected wines from around the globe and 12 different Champagnes for an additional charge.
Everything You Need
Curtain Bluff Resort has a range of facilities on-site to keep you happy and entertained:
- All meals and drinks, including room service and mini-bar items
- All water sports facilities and activities
- All land-based activities including tennis, squash, bocce, shuffleboard, basketball, golf (putting green)
- Beach lounges, sun chaises, hammocks and sun floats
- Exercise facilities, fully equipped exercise room
- Aerobics classes, Yoga and Pilates
- Golf Putting Green and equipment
- Concierge service
- Cee Bee Kids Camp
Special services (not included in the room-rate)
- Spa and beauty salon treatments
- Tennis and squash lessons
- Caribbean-cooking and wine-appreciation classes
- Our Tennis Shop, Spa Shop and Gift Shop
- Off-property island excursions
ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN THE ROOM RATE
- Scuba diving (including all necessary equipment)
- Tennis courts, rackets and balls
- Water-skiing (speedboat, equipment and instruction)
- Beach toys (Hobie Cats, paddle-boats, kayaks and Windsurfers)
- Snorkel equipment (fins, mask and snorkel) and reef trips
- Beach chairs, hammocks and sun floats
- Fully equipped fitness centre
- Squash court, rackets and balls
- Water aerobics, yoga, muscle toning, and Pilates classes
- Putting green (golf) and equipment
- Bocce and shuffleboard courts
- Half basketball court
- Computer rooms (one for children, one for adults)
- Children’s playground
The Cee Bee Kids Camp offers a great range of activities for children aged 3 to 10 years. In a shaded pavilion near the beach, children can play on the swings, slides and tree house and participate in several activities, from mocktail-making and local arts and crafts to crab racing and fishing. Older children can participate in the resort’s endless sports activities, and even receive lessons at a local charge from tennis and water-sports pros.
Curtain Bluff Spa
Hanging on the water's edge at the end of the bluff, the spa offers the perfect escape to those seeking rejuvenation and revitalisation. With 5 treatment rooms, and open-air relaxation room with ocean views, a huge infinity-edge hot tub and trained therapists there is plenty of opportunity to recharge your batteries. You can choose from array of treatments including signature facials, a Caribbean green coffee wrap and sabai stone therapy, or alternatively book a special spa package to receive a luxurious massage, facial, pedicure, shampoo, style and deep conditioning treatment.
Spa treatments include:
- Massage techniques from Swedish to Shiatsu to Deep Tissue
- Body Polishes
- Herbal Aromatherapy Wraps
- Couples Massages for romantic relaxation
- Speciality Massages
- Facials, Manicures, Pedicures and Waxing
- Wellness and Fitness Services
Curtain Bluff Antigua is the ideal setting for an authentic Caribbean destination wedding. Destination weddings are intimate and romantic as yours will be the only wedding scheduled that day. The resort provides a choice between a charming Caribbean beach Wedding or romantic island wedding on a sweeping balcony hanging above the sea with private dinners on the sand.
An expert team of Wedding coordinators are ready to help you customize the details and coordinate the event from pre-ceremony bridal party treatments at Curtain Bluffs award-winning spa to the flowers, photographer/videographer and steel pan music at your reception party.
Weddings & Honeymoons
Wedding package includes:
- The wedding license fee
- Round trip taxi transfers into Saint John’s to complete the marriage license paper work.
- The marriage officers fee
- A simple tropical bridal bouquet
- A boutonniere for the groom
- Use of the Bluff house or section on one of our beaches for the ceremony and cocktails to follow
- A one tiered wedding cake
- Romantic Gazebo dinner after ceremony and cocktails
Honeymooners can rest assured knowing that that this is the perfect place to begin married life together. The beauty of the property, the delicious cuisine as well as two stunning beaches mean that this alluring Antiguan resort really does have everything you will need. From a secluded Spa just feet from the water that offers extensive couple treatments to motorized water sports, there is something for every type of couple to enjoy. You can also indulge in private beach dinners and picnics in the resorts personalized adults-only areas.