- Find a Holiday
Caribbean holidaysMexicoJamaicaBarbadosDominican RepublicAntiguaTobagoSt LuciaArubaBahamasCubaGrenadaSt Kitts & NevisTurks & CaicosMiamiNew YorkSt Vincent & The GrenadinesBritish Virgin IslandsInspirationStaff Favourites
CruisesCaribbean Cruises More Cruises…
Book with confidencePrice Match Guarantee Award winning service ATOL protected ABTA bonded
- Deal of the Week
- Boost Deals
- Top Deals
- Hot 20
- My booking
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium white sandy beach on Barbados' West Coast and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features contemporary guest rooms, an intimate spa and relaxation space and two delightful restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks transform outdoor spaces into outdoor living rooms, providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and gathering. A truly premium experience delivers on all fronts with fantastic facilities including free watersports, ocean trampoline and water hammocks, free seasonal baby-sitting and an abundance of activities and tours available for all to enjoy. Tamarind simultaneously offers a romantic atmosphere for couples and great amenities for families, including a VIP Kids Club and Family Lounge.
1 Kid Stays FREE
Tamarind's 104 guestrooms and suites offer vibrant, modern décor, spacious floor plans, oversized balconies and panoramic ocean views. It's no wonder they are considered one of Barbados' premier couples resorts and family hotels. While they offer seven different types of guestrooms and suites - each with individual features described below - all of the rooms include access to on-site recreational activities and these state-of-the-art amenities:
- Flat-screen TVs with cable
- iPod docking station
- Air conditioning
- Nespresso Machines
- 15" laptop safe
- Complimentary WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Spacious bathrooms that include a bath and shower
- Pool or garden view (partial ocean views may be available in select rooms). Suitable for up to two adults with a king-sized bed and one child with a fold-out sleeper chair
- Ocean view. Suitable for up to two adults with a king-sized bed
Ocean Front with Sleeper Chair
- Ocean view. Suitable for up to two adults with a king-sized bed and one child with a sleeper chair
Junior Suite Pool/Garden View
- Pool or garden view
- Sitting area one king-sized bed or two twin beds
- Suitable for up to three adults or two adults with two children
- Connecting Rooms available (upon request only and subject to availability at time of check in)
Junior Suite Ocean View
- Ocean view. Sitting area, one king-sized or two twin beds. Suitable for up to three adults or two adults with two children with guaranteed interconnecting rooms available (when booking two suites).
One Bedroom Suite Pool/Garden View
- Pool or garden view
- Separate living room
- King-sized bed and sofa bed
- Suitable for up to four adults or two adults and three children
One Bedroom Suite Ocean View
- Ocean view
- Separate living room
- King-sized or four poster bed and sofa bed
- Suitable for up to four adults or two adults and three children
Discover some of the top restaurants in Barbados with the on-site beachfront and open air dining choices as well as the Taste of Elegance Dine Around Programme. Tamarind has recently unveiled exciting new dining options boasting newly adapted innovative gastronomic menus. Enjoy a romantic, private dinner for two right on the beach, attend one of the chef specialty nights with inspired themed menus such as Jazzy Steak Night, or bring the whole family to the Wednesday night International Beach Buffet featuring a Live Floor Show with traditional Barbadian entertainment such as the tuk band and flaming limbo showcase. Whether in the mood for fresh fare and live music, evening cocktails at a South Beach-inspired lounge, a family-style beachfront feast or even fine dining, you'll find it all just steps from your room.
- This South Beach Miami-inspired outdoor lounge serves light snacks and cocktails in a festive environment with music in genres such as R&B, jazz, Caribbean, and soul. Rilaks Deck recently received new contemporary furniture boasting bold colors and a modern, stylish design. There is now new outdoor seating on both the upper and lower decks, perfect for enjoying a meal and drinks with family and friends overlooking the expansive pool and ocean.
- All-day dining: 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Cocktails and light cuisine: 6:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Sugar Cane Room
- This open-air restaurant serves complimentary afternoon tea and a full breakfast buffet that includes both waffle and egg stations prepared just how you like it, an assortment of breads, muffins and sweet 'tings, traditional breakfast choices as well as local Bajan delights such as pumpkin and corn fritters, flying fish and fried plantains.
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
246 Bar & Restaurant
- Take in spectacular ocean views from this idyllic beachfront restaurant, offering all-day dining as well as a la carte dining with chef's specialties such as West Indian Night, theme evenings and live poolside music ranging from bands to saxophonists on select evenings.
- All-day dining: 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Bar: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Experience fine dining and gourmet Italian fare at this oceanfront Zagat-rated restaurant - made famous by its London counterpart, and sister restaurant, Le Caprice in New York's Upper East Side - located next door to Tamarind.
- Happy hour: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Closed on Mondays from June through November.
Taste of Elegance Programme
- Want to spend some time at Elegant Hotels' sister properties? During the daytime, utilise the complimentary water taxi to enjoy meals at Tamarind, Colony Club, Crystal Cove and Turtle Beach with the Taste of Elegance Dine Around Programme.
- Depending on which hotel you are staying (all-inclusive or breakfast only) the programme allows all Elegant Hotels guests the opportunity to exchange dine.
- From the family-friendly guestrooms and menus to educational kids activities, marine programmes and golf lessons, there are plenty of ways to have fun on a family holiday in Barbados.
- Relax near the pool on family-sized daybeds or embark on an off-site adventure such as swimming with the turtles - they'll help you plan an ideal day for visitors of all ages on your family vacation in Barbados.
Please enjoy these services and amenities designed especially for family holidays:
- Complimentary Flying Fish Kids Club: Trained, professional staff lead children between the ages of four and twelve in a wide range of fun-filled activities from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- Complimentary seasonal crèche service in the months of January, May, June, September and November. The Flying Fish Kids Club will be offering complimentary babysitting for babies ages 3 months to 2 years for one hour.
- Complimentary Club Tamarind: A family lounge equipped with modern video game consoles on large-screen TVs as well as air hockey, pool and table football
- Family-friendly restaurants with healthy kids menus
- Off-property excursions for parents and kids such as swimming with the turtles or golf and tennis lessons at sister hotels
- Complimentary Aqua School including water-skiing, standup paddle boarding, tubing, banana boat rides, sailing, kayaking and snorkeling.
- Water trampoline for endless fun in the sea
- Family-friendly accommodations suitable for up to two adults and three children
- Trained, interactive nannies available.
- Escape from the stresses of everyday life with the relaxing resort activities just for adults. Get a massage or relax in the adults-only pool, or enjoy private dinners, cruises, tours and picnic basket getaways. Sip cocktails at sunset at the Rilaks Deck or simply enjoy a quiet day basking in the sun.
- Adults-only pool
- Couples massages and other spa treatments
- Romantic activities designed for twosomes
- Horseback riding and other outdoor activities
- Private tours and cruises
- Couples photo shoot
- Private dining
- Spacious accommodations with private layouts
- Discover Barbados through a variety of activities offered at the luxurious beach resort. Visit select west coast Elegant properties, all sprinkled along Barbados' famed Platinum Coast via the complimentary water taxi, or explore the island on your own by renting a car, bicycle, scooter or ATV.
- Allow the concierge staff to arrange island excursions like catamaran cruises, rugged safari tours, duty-free shopping trips, glass-bottomed boat rides and more. Visit St. Nicholas Abbey and see one of the three remaining Jacobean mansions in the Western hemisphere, or take a solar-powered electric tram to view sparkling pools and eye-catching stalactites in Harrison's Cave.
- Stay active with a round of golf on manicured greens and by visiting the spa and fitness centre, or soak up the sun with a variety of water and beach activities. Whatever your wish, we'll help you find many exciting things to do in Barbados.
Water and Beach Activities
- Aqua School with complimentary motorised and non motorised water sports including Water-skiing, banana boating, snorkeling, sailing, boogie boarding, kayaking, windsurfing and paddle boarding.
- Three swimming pools
- Water trampoline
- Fishing and diving excursions
- Pool volleyball
- Biking tours
- Catamaran day trip
- Deep sea fishing
- Horseback riding
- Harrison's Cave
- St. Nicholas Abbey
- Lime Grove Lifestyle Shopping centre
- Shopping tours to Bridgetown
- Royal Westmoreland: 18-hole course designed by Robert Trent Jones
- Apes Hill: 18-hole championship course
The Elegantly Bajan initiative is a programme designed by Elegant Hotels to enhance your stay on Barbados with authentic island experiences. The all inclusive Elegant Hotels ethic is distinguished from other resorts of the same ilk by its relationship with the nation as a whole. You're actively encouraged to explore the island, and have loads of fun as you discover Barbados.
Coast-to-Coast Island Tour
Coast-to-Coast island tour invites guests to take in the sights and scenery of our beautiful island. The tour begins with a visit to historic attraction and rum distillery, St. Nicholas Abbey, where guests can enjoy rum tasting and during cane season can view the grinding of sugar cane first hand! Then it’s on to picturesque Cherry Tree Hill and then to Bathsheba on the East Coast of Barbados, where they enjoy a leisurely lunch amidst striking views of the undeniable beauty of this coast. The Tamarind Coast to Coast is US $75 for adults, and US $62.50 for children, minimum 6 persons.
Tamtastic Rum Shop Crawl Tour
Barbados is widely known as the birthplace of rum, and its 1,500 rum shops are an integral part of Bajan history and culture, surviving over 300 years. On Tamarind’s Rum Shop Crawl and Scenic Tour, guests get to ‘lime like a local’ at some of the most popular watering holes across Barbados. Guests are also able to take in the sights and scenery of Barbados, with a scenic stop at the famed Gun Hill Signal Station, while enjoying complimentary rum punch and local Bajan treats along the way. The Rum shop Crawl is US $55 per person, minimum 8 persons.
Spa & Fitness
Unwind at the intimate spa and relaxation pool and stay active in the spacious fitness centre at this Barbados resort. Indulge in a blissful array of spa treatments or stay fit with top-of-the-line Cybex cardio and weight equipment as well as yoga classes and other group exercise activities. Offering one of the premier spas and fitness centres in Barbados as well as a variety of exciting outdoor activities, Tamarind is committed to your health and wellness.
- Sunday-Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Open 24 hours daily
- Accessible with room key
- Complimentary Aqua Aerobics, Yoga and Pilates classes offered weekly.
- Personal training sessions are available with the certified fitness and health trainers. With their expertise, supervision and targeted exercise programmes, they will help you reach your fitness goals. Bookings can be made through Tamarind Guest Activities.
Weddings & Honeymoons
- There's no more romantic place to say "I do" than on the soft white sands of a Caribbean beach. With the timeless and open-air wedding venues, Tamarind is the perfect spot for a Barbados wedding. Because they plan only a limited number of weddings each year, you'll be sure to enjoy privacy and personalised attention on your big day.
- Allow them to handle every detail of your destination wedding in Barbados: The comprehensive wedding packages ensure that no aspect of your ceremony or reception is overlooked, while the partnership with Colorbox photography guarantees flawless photos that capture your big day.
- They've got all the details you need on Barbados wedding licenses, requirements, and fees, too. From choosing venues to obtaining the marriage certificate, they'll help you along every step of the way.
- One of the most romantic hotels for a honeymoon in Barbados, Tamarind offers special amenities exclusively to couples married one year or less. Celebrate new love with sparkling wine upon your arrival, then continue the celebration with romantic walks along the beach and intimate dinners for two.
- Enjoy special luxuries such as a flower petal bath prepared and drawn with signature essential oils, dinner served by a butler in the privacy of your own accommodation and a leisurely afternoon with Champagne and canapés served in daybeds and hammocks on the oceanfront South Lawn.
- Plan an unforgettable and romantic proposal with the help of your personal ambassador. We'll help you find the perfect place to pop the question and, thanks to our partnership with Diamonds International, a sparkling gem just right for your sweetheart.
Renewal of Vows
- Rekindle the flame that began so many years ago and say "I do" all over again in the most inspired of settings. Renew your vows against the backdrop of clear Caribbean waters while the sun sets behind white sandy beaches, then retreat to your luxurious suite or enjoy a variety of romantic activities.
For honeymoon packages you will be required to present a copy of your wedding certificate at time of check in
Explore The Local Area
Whether you are a natural explorer and want to discover the hidden treasures of the resort around you or are simply intrigued about the possible dining options in the local area when staying on a Bed & Breakfast basis, there is always plenty going on. Here's our 411 on the immediate area surrounding the Tamarind.
- Zaccios (0.1 mi) - International
- Connies (0.1 mi) - Barbecue
- Daphne's (On-Site) - International
- Champions Sports Bar & Restaurant (0.2 mi) - International
- Scarlet (0.2 mi) - Contemporary & International
Things To Do
- Barbados Polo Club
- Holders Farmers Market
- The Country Club at Sandy Lane
- Swammy's Water Sports
- Limegrove Cinemas
- Click here to find out more about Elegant Hotels
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels7 nights all inclusive from £1,461pp
Now a part of the highly esteemed, award winning Elegant Hotels Group, Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels takes this luxury Caribbean favourite to the next level. Newly redesigned and reimagined into an âeco-chicâ boutique feel resort, Waves sits on an enviable stretch of powder soft sands along the Platinum West Coast of the island. ... …find out more about Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels
The House by Elegant Hotels7 nights b&b from £1,715pp
The House makes Barbados your private island - a tranquil and eclectic adults-only haven. Located on Barbados' world renowned Platinum West Coast on a pristine stretch of white sand beach, 34 Jr. and one-bedroom suites provide modern simplicity and comfort. A favorite of celebrities and sophisticated travellers, the everyday experience is filled with luxurious indulgences at ... …find out more about The House by Elegant Hotels
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels7 nights all inclusive from £1,529pp
Welcome to Crystal Cove, a premium all-inclusive resort in breathtaking Barbados. With a private patio or balcony, All 88 of the one-bedroom suites and guestrooms provide ideal accommodation in Barbados for families, couples, weddings and other group retreats. Experience all the best of this premium all-inclusive resort: Cool off in the sparkling water of the three ... …find out more about Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels7 nights all inclusive from £1,420pp
Experience the ultimate in premium all-inclusive ease at Turtle Beach, an all-suite enclave on Barbados' lively and luminous South Coast. Find your perfect relaxation spot on the 1,500-foot white sandy beach and instantly relax as you swim, snorkel, dine and slip into island time. Whether eating "amongst the treetops" in the signature Asiago's restaurant, or ... …find out more about Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels
Colony Club by Elegant Hotels7 nights b&b from £1,372pp
Located on the platinum west coast, Colony Club is a timeless retreat with soaring palm trees, lagoon-style pools and serene tropical gardens. Known for its relaxing ambiance, the hotel appeals to those who enjoy healthy eating, unique-health conscious amenities and togetherness. All rooms were recently refurbished and boast custom-made wood furniture, French doors and REN ... …find out more about Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
*Subject to Availability*
We have Thousands of Exclusive Deals which can save you Hundreds of Pounds off the current Retail Price! There are too many Deals to display on the Website as Prices are changing constantly as the Operators Clear Stocks! We have Great Exclusive Savings on all types of Destinations for Dates throughout the year! Don’t worry if this Offer doesn't match your requirements just CALL NOW & we can find you another Great Deal! "When it's gone, it's gone, offers may be withdrawn without prior notice"